How To Get Timeworn Crimson Horn in Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak

The Timeworn Crimson Horn is a crafting material in Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak that can be collected while fighting the recently added Daimyo Hermitaur monster at Master Rank. A Daimyo Hermitaur is a giant crab-like creature with a massive shell on its back. Unfortunately, there's only a small chance of getting the Timeworn Crimson Horn material to drop from a Daimyo Hermitaur when capturing it, so it's better for players to focus on destroying the shell instead.

The Daimyo Hermitaur isn't the only new monster for players to hunt and gather resources from, which means there are also new armor sets and weapons to craft or upgrade using materials previously unavailable in the game. For example, players can now complete Anomaly Quests in Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, which leads to collecting Afflicted Materials. Luckily, collecting Timeworn Crimson Horns is a little bit easier than completing the new Anomaly Quests.

SCREENRANT VIDEO OF THE DAY

Related: How To Unlock Follower Quests in Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

There are technically two ways to obtain a Timeworn Crimson Horn from a Daimyo Hermitaur. The first is capturing the monster, which only has a 10% chance of awarding the Timeworn Crimson Horn. The second method is to break the Daimyo Hermitaur's shell, which is just as difficult, but there's a 90% chance of receiving the Timeworn Crimson Horn. Regardless of which method players choose, they will need to fight a Daimyo Hermitaur at Master Rank in order to get Timeworn Crimson Horn materials.

How To Fight A Daimyo Hermitaur In Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

How To Get Timeworn Crimson Horn in Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak Hermitaur Armor

Since there's a 90% chance of getting the Timeworn Crimson Horn to drop when breaking the Daimyo Hermitaur's shell, that's what players should focus on while fighting. Hitting the shell with blunt weapons in Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak will be better than using weapons that deal slicing or shot damage because the shell has a blunt hitzone of 40. Additionally, players can use weapons or armor equipped with the Destroyer Jewel decoration to make breaking the shell easier.

A Daimyo Hermitaur is not an easy monster to beat at Master Rank, so it's suggested that players have a few friends or a team of online hunters with them when taking on the massive creature. Unfortunately, with random online matchups, it can be difficult to communicate. However, as long as players are focusing on breaking the shell, they should be able to collect the Timeworn Crimson Horn.

For an extra chance at getting the Timeworn Crimson Horn material, players can try to capture the creature in Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak after breaking its shell and collecting the first resource. The Timeworn Crimson Horn is used to craft the new Hermitaur Coil, which is part of the Hermitaur Armor Set. The material can also be used for certain weapon upgrades, so it's worth going after a couple of times. The Timeworn Crimson Horn resource is one of several that were added in Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak.

2022-07-11T13:59:52.000Z

Comment